Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Long time no read


I was told this weekend that I ought to write more. Or at all for that matter. I'm not sure if this person enjoys my writing or just knows that sometimes I need to let it out.

Truth is, blogging feels great. I love to write. Every day in my little head I must write a million pages. But I don't bother to write them. That overwhelming voice telling me that no one cares what I have to say; that I'm better off being anonymous, quiet.

But I do have good stories and I ought to write them before I forget them. I mean, my stars, I just spent the past two weeks of my life doing some great things! Maybe I'm being selfish by not telling my stories. I don't want anyone to know just what I've done and how great it was. I let one person catch me being myself and she has to go and tell everyone how great I am and about the "gifts" I have. Please. I just do what I can. I'm not a humble person, but don't praise me for just being Annie- cause let me tell you, a lot of the time being Annie is no picnic.

 
So I guess I might just start writing again. An English teacher-in-training does not have the luxury of being shy about her writing. You'll just have to forgive me if the stories don't seem interesting to you or are poorly written, it's just me being unsure of my words. I don't have the grace, knowledge, and vocabulary as some folks, but I always write from my heart and if I can always do that, then maybe you'll know my joy, too.  I know that if I want to count my life as a success, I must live it, insecurities and all.

3 thoughts:

Teri Lynne Underwood said...

Love you ... and totally believe you should write every single day.

Annie said...

Love you too Teri Lynne! You are so good for me!

Mollianne Massey said...

You are amazing and induloge me if I think you have amazing gifts. We all do, but not everyone uses theirs as wisely or as wholehertedly as you!

Post a Comment